Securing your foundation with strong governance, achieving greater prosperity for your participants, and inspiring confidence by addressing individual participant needs are key.
What if you could secure your foundation, achieve greater prosperity, and inspire confidence — in your business and with your employees? As the retirement landscape continues to evolve, you may need ways to ensure your employees trust your programs, planning, savings, and investment advice, and at the same time, generate more value for your business.
Click on boxes below to read three different scenarios of how we can work with you.(1)
• Client situation: A plan with $3B in DC assets and 32,000 participants wanted to improve retirement readiness and overall financial wellness for employees. They needed an innovative way to engage the workforce.
• Mercer solution: Leveraging Mercer’s “Inside Employees’ Minds” survey and our “Financial Courage Index” provided insight. We advised on the concept of peer signaling to create a “nest egg” campaign.
• Results: 83% of targeted segments took action that could improve their finances.
• Client situation: A DC plan had grown through acquisitions to $1.2B in assets and 5,000 participants. Client wanted advice on streamlining the plan.
• Mercer solution: Mercer conducted a plan line-up review, recommended reducing number of investment options from 31 to 13 — recognizing Target Date Funds as one option— by eliminating redundancy.
• Results: Reduced annual investment expenses by $2.3 million per year through use of collective trusts and separate accounts.
• Client situation: The DC plan’s investment line-up was too complex for participants. Client also wanted cost and risk reduction and a more comprehensive governance model.
• Mercer solution: After reviewing delegated vs. advisory models against client objectives, client chose a delegated model. We helped streamline the fund line-up with custom, multi-manager options and a white-label approach.
• Results: Enhanced governance structure reduced risk, and reduced investment management and operating fees by $2.1M per year.
Get the operational infrastructure support you need for enhanced governance and risk management.
Learn about our advisory services, investment consulting and philosophy, and ”whole of life” perspective.
A “do-it-for-me approach” that may help you mitigate fiduciary risk and have more time to spend on the strategic issues of your business. Mercer defines the plan investment menu to align with your desired structure and handles all implementation and plan evaluation— we offer a continuum of delegated solutions.
Please See Important Notices For Further Information.
1 These case studies are illustrations of Mercer's capabilities provided to certain clients. Client results will vary and there can be no guarantee of similar results.
2 Pensions & Investments. Pensions & Investments Survey, November 27, 2017. Please see “Important Notices” for more information on Assets Under Advisement.
3 Data is as of December 31, 2017. Please see “Important Notices” for more information on Assets Under Management.
4 Independent Research in Responsible Investment, Survey 2017.
5 CIO 2016 Outsourced-Chief Investment Officer Survey February 28, 2017. Please see Important Notices for further information on Assets under Advisement and Assets under Management.
We’re eager to speak with you. Please provide your details below.